5.3.14

The Backpack


I normally have a very strong anti-backpack stance. I think it could be due to the nannying I've done over the years, which ultimately results in being surrounded by endless 'there-are-far-too-many-bright-colours-for-this-one-tiny-piece-of-shiny-plastic' backpacks. Consequentially, the word 'backpack' always conjured up ideas of whiny five year-olds and Dora the Explorer, rather than any kind of chic fashion choice. 

However, as with many things, practicality forced me to change my mind. After lugging around my school books for the last month in my tote bag, I decided it was finally time to give in and buy a more appropriate transportation method. Hence, the backpack. I stumbled upon this version on Etsy, and it's old-school, leather style was sufficiently 'grown-up' enough to justify purchasing it. It also has a hidden, zippered compartment on the back which will be perfect for stashing valuables whilst travelling around Europe in the Summer. Although at the moment it does look a little ridiculous with my down parka (I'm beginning to think Spring is just a made-up illusion in New Jersey), I think it will fit in perfectly at a beach in Croatia with some ripped denim, crisp white and fine, silver jewellery. 

p.s. I'd just like to confirm that I was actually wearing pants when I took this photo, even though it looks a little dubious! 


15 comments:

  1. That backpack is absolutely gorgeous! I love a good brown leather backpack - it's so handy to carry things around and perfect for summer!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous backpack, very lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous backpack!!
    <3

    http://ittakes2tofashion.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing backpack - I am also thinking about one for a long time - seems so comfy to me and these days there is so many options in shops....thanks for a step by on my blog !

    Would you like to follow each other ? Love your blog !

    http://obsessionfor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's gorgeous!

    www.fashionfademagazine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool color!l

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible style and blog!

    I would like to invite you to my BLOG to take a look at my ideas! I would be so happy if we support each other on GFC, Facebook and maybe Bloglovin or Instagram? I will follow right back, just let me know!

    Blog | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely nice find<3 love itttt!

    check out my blog bohoyoho.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this backpack is amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous back pack - I bet that would go with most outfits! :D

    Ellie,xx

    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the backpack, so cool and modern (with a little hint of 90's)
    xx Eve
    www.evedorith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that bagpack! Also love your Blog!

    New Follower :)

    http://munyfashionfanatique.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually have the same idea when it comes to backpacks I tend to be anti them but this one has a vintage feeling which makes it different and fashion focus, so I love it. Great choice ♡

    http://wilhelminascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your backpack! I gave up on tote bags in my final year of uni and bought a leather backpack. Have fun in Vancouver! X

    Laura | Breton & Blush

    ReplyDelete