14.2.14

Another Friday









I'm really not the biggest supporter of Valentine's Day. I may be a little less cynical if Ben and I were in the same country, let alone the same city, for February 14th this year. But, alas, we're both on opposite sides of the continent instead!  

However, I do enjoy the images and themes I associate with Valentine's Day. Lace, deep-red, silk, soft light and white sheets all come to mind. So, instead of doing anything slightly romantic on the eve of Valentine's Day, I attempted to recreate such an image. Thankfully, my bedroom provided the perfect location, and Zara provided the lace details. The shorts I picked up several months ago in Sydney, and the cami was purchased during their Winter sale last week. Although neither are receiving much use in snow-ridden New Brunswick, I am looking forward to wearing them throughout Europe in the Summer. Ben and I begun planning our trip this week, which will predominantly be spent driving around the French and Italian countryside. At least the thought of European beaches and freshly-baked baguette is helping with the constant snow! 

I hope everyone choosing to celebrate Valentine's Day has a lovely time, and all those who are not, then have a wonderful Friday! 

Wearing: Zara camisole & shorts, Tiffany & Co. Heart Tag Necklace

7 comments:

  1. Love the necklace and enjoy a little bit valentine's day :p

    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos :)

    XO CHAMA FASHION

    www.chamafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!
    Thanks for the comment.

    Vera


    http://3mille.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentines day is not my favourite as well, but i dont understand people who hate it. Its one more day to tell each other I love you and show it maybe more than we would in our busy daily life. I completely agree that we should make each day celebration of love but it is quite difficult in the conditions we live. anyway, you look super cute and love your necklace

    please check out my new post on http://www.splashesandbeautiful.blogspot.de and follow me here on blogsloving or on http://instagram.com/sophokonjaria

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay come to the South of France! it is the best part of France ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look. Very simple, but very cute. Love the details on the bottom of the shorts. Great look!


    KT
    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig